Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Little Update

Tonight Nathan and I settled into a cute little hotel next to Highclere Castle (Or Downton Abbey). The hotel is really nice and we found out that this is the hotel that sleeps all of the cast while they are filming!! :) We also found out that they are filming right now! But since it's the weekend everyone is at their homes and won't be back until Monday.

We thought it was really cool that we found this place and we hope that we might be able to see the castle tomorrow? 

Anyway since we haven't had internet and we have a little now I thought I would share some pictures I have had the chance to work on! :) 

Enjoy!


The Vatican
This picture was a lot of fun because this guard noticed that I was taking pictures of him and another guard next to him. Once I was able to get into a good position, after waiting for other tourists to clear, he smiled, looked at me, and fixed his pose! So I snapped this photo and promptly shook my head and whispered thank you! He smiled, nodded at me, and continued with his duties! :)

Eilean Donan Castle
This castle is the most photographed Castle in Scotland, it has been featured in several films, including 'Highlander' and the 1999 James Bond flick, 'The World is not Enough' (this castle serves as a secret MI6 headquarters). The castle has been well preserved and remodeled by the MacRae clan and most all of the castle is open to the public for touring; it was fantastic. We also have a really fun story to tell about our experience in the castle! We will tell it when we can post pictures from that day, so look forward to that!

This is the picture currently set as the background on our blog (the black and white version).


No comments:

Post a Comment